Thank you for visiting the online community of Waverly First United Methodist Church. We look forward to having you as our guests.
Alzheimer disease is relentless and so are we. An event is being held to raise awareness of this terrible disease. This is a walk to end Alzheimer.
This year for the first time a walk will be held in Jacksonville at Community Park to provide money for support, care, and research of Alzheimer. The walk will be Saturday, September 9th at Community Park, 1309 South Main starting at 8:30am.
Our team is named Team Marilyn Hileman. Marilyn was my sister who succumbed to the Alzheimer’s type dementia of Frontal Temporal Disease this past December. Her granddaughter, Jordyn Fearneyhough, is our Team Captain and I am joining the walk.
I am asking for your support. If you wish to donate you can do so by one of two ways. You can go to website www.Alz.org/walk and donate; or, you can give me the money and I will give it directly to the walk on Sept 9.
If you want to join us in the walk please let me know or you can go to that site and join. If you have any questions please feel free to call the church office and Darla will pass your contact information on to me.
Thank you for your support, Carolyn Ackley
HELPING WITH HURRICANE RELIEF!
Pray for those – who have lost their homes and are displaced.
– who still need to be evacuated from unsafe areas.
– caring for people in shelters.
Pray for first responders.
- Donations may be sent through the monthly church remittance form or checks may be made payable to I.G.R.C. with Advance #901670 Hurricane Harvey on the memo line and mailed to Illinois Great Rivers Conference, Attention: Treasurer’s Office, P.O. Box 19207, Springfield, Illinois 62794.
If you wish for the donation to be designated for Hurricane Harvey, please designate. 100% of donations to this advance number will go to disaster related needs here in the U.S.
- Donate toward the purchase of supplies for cleaning buckets. The cost per bucket is approximately $65.
- Donate through IGRC Advance #6620 and designate for cleaning buckets.
- Donate directly to Midwest Mission Distribution, 1022 New City Road, P.O. Box 56, Chatham, Illinois 62629
Donate UMCOR Cleaning Bucket Supplies – Where Supplies to be Deliver?
- Donations Centers are now established at Little Grassy Camp and East Bay Camp. Both IGRC campsites will receive cleaning and bucket supplies September 1-16. Items collected will be taken to Midwest Mission Distribution Center. For information contact Little Grassy Camp at 618-457-6030 or East Bay Camp at 309-365-7631.
- Directly to Midwest Mission Distribution Center, 1022 New City Road, Chatham, Illinois 62629.
- Needed Cleaning Items:
Liquid Laundry Detergent (1-50oz. bottle or 2-25oz. bottles)
Liquid Household Cleaner (12 to 16oz. bottle/no spray bottles)
Scouring Pads (NO stainless steel or pads with soap)
Cleaning Wipes (Handi-wipes – No terry cleaning towels)
Dish Soap (16-28oz. bottles)
Air Freshener (aerosol or pump)
Insect Repellent Spray (6-14oz.)
Long Handle Scrub Brush
Sponges (NO cellulose sponges due to mold issues)
Clothes Line (Cotton or Plastic 70-100 ft. in length)
Heavy Duty Trash Bags (33-45 gallon size)
Dishwashing Gloves (sturdy for multiple uses)
Work Gloves (Cotton with leather palm or all leather).
VOLUNTEER – Please do not self-deploy to volunteer. There is a request for ONLY ERT Trained Volunteers in the Rio Texas Conference. It will be up to 2 weeks before volunteers will be accepted in the Texas Conference.
IGRC DISASTER RESPONSE TRAININGS
Sept. 15 ERT Recertification Class – Monticello UMC, 6-10:00 p.m.
Sept. 16 ERT Class – Monticello UMC, 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Sept. 23 ERT Class – Fairfield UMC, 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Sept. 29-30 Disaster Response Mini Academy – at East Bay Camp
ERT (Early Response Team Training)
Spiritual & Emotional Care Team Basic Training
Connecting Neighbors (Local Church Preparedness)
Volunteers in Mission Team Leader Training
For more information or to register for any of these trainings, go to www.igrc.org/disasterresponse OR contact Pastor Mark
SAVE THE DATE!
NOVEMBER 26, 2017.
This is the 100th Anniversary of our church building!
The LaMoine River District Superintendent, Nic Showalter has accepted our invitation to speak at the celebration.
There are plans to have Organ Music, A History Display, and FOOD.
We are also inviting prior pastors and their families to attend. We also invite YOU to attend the celebration of the building where you may have experienced the first steps in your spiritual formation.
More Details To Come
All are Welcome in the name of Christ!